Put yourself in the shoes of an IT Security Analyst that needs to describe the differences of a BCP and DR plan to a group of managers. Describe how the two work together and the elements that make them different. Provide a minimal of 3 elements that make them different and 2 ways they work together.
Elements that make BCP and DR different:
• It is proactive
• It has methods and plans to precede the work at some point of and after the disasters
• It entails long time period challenges lasting for years and months.
• Business Continuity Planning is worried with retaining commercial enterprise operations going for walks - possibly in any other location or via using one-of-a-kind tools and approaches - after a disaster has struck. (Cartman, O. 2015).
• It is reactive
• It has steps that have to be taken with the aid of the firm after the disasters.
• It involves very brief time challenges, two to three days
• Disaster Recovery Planning is worried with restoring regular commercial enterprise operations after the disaster takes place.
They have to work together because:
• They have to work collectively to deduct some of the undetected or expected challenges and dangers to persevered operations.
• When they develop plans collectively the efficiency will be greater and better all through the hazard periods.
• As cybercrimes are increasing, it is need to that both teams have to work together to face the superior threats.